17.11.08

Fei Fei Wanton Noodle

Continuing the episode of my food loves in the east, let me introduce you to 飞飞云吞面 located in a quiet corner of Joo Chiat. Forget about bak chor mee or sticky bland fishball noodles that are littered all around Singapore. This is not at all comparable to any other so-called popular, long queued counterparts.
Their noodles are still handmade since grandfather’s time; the chewy and never soft texture sets itself apart from any other. The chilli and seasoning sauces are concocted just nice paired with small and slippery wantons. I can have this for lunch, dinner, even supper.

The best thing about this place is the rustic and old-style feel; nobody cares if pet dogs sit alongside patrons. Besides the low rise condominiums opposite, it almost feels like Malaysia! Come to think of it, this totally remind me of my childhood noodle similar style in JB. Let me blog about that another time :)

Oh, also pop next door for famous Nonya Bak Chang and yummy peranakan kuehs. Life’s a eat!

Location: 64, Joo Chiat Place

Warm love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...