HAPPY HALLOWEEN peeps!
Since pumpkin has strong history with Halloween, I’m whipping up a dish using it as main ingredient. Nope I’m not carving it into a lantern head to scare off superstitions but instead gonna used it for pumpkin soup which has no relation to Halloween custom.
Diced - Pumpkin, Carrot, Red Onion, Potato; Garlic, Single cream.
- First, baked the pumpkin in oven at 200 degrees for 25mins/until soft. Steaming is another option. If you are lazy, just boil it in water and retain the water for vegetable stock.
- Heat the pan with butter and combine the pumpkin, potato, carrot, onion, garlic in the pan and add water. Boil until soft.
- Use hand-held blender and blend the mixture until thick and smooth.
- Bring to boil for another few minutes adding in salt, black pepper and single cream.
- Sprinkle some parsley and ready to serve.
- I’ve replaced diced potato with ready made buttery mash potato and also minus the step of heating pan with butter. Mash potato is then left to stir into the mixture after step 3 is completed.
- Healthy option is to use water and not stock /msg cube as the mixtures with step 4 are tasty enough.