When you don't have the luxury of hawker centres, you just have to DIY.
- Fresh/Live white clams aka LaLa
- Sliced ginger
- Chopped garlics
- Chopped onions
- Chopped red chillies
- Spring onions
- Light soy sauce
- Dark soy sauce
- Cooking oil
- Cooking wine
- Dash of white pepper
- Make sure you soak your clams and wash thoroughly!
- Stir fry onion, garlic, ginger.
- Then throw in clams, quick stir fry.
- Add spring onions, chillies and sauces. Cover.
- Hear alot popping sound where all your clams open up...
- Remove cover (added abit of sesame oil here), quick stir, then its ready!
- Basically this dish needs to be cook quickly.
- Cook too long your spring onion and clams will become 'old'.
I just followed my feelings so there may be no logic behind my method as compared to the professionals. But taste not bad ok.