24.3.09

Choc Fudge Cupcakes


When work doesn’t tire me out too much and the baking itch gets to me, I trawl my recipes. For this Choc Fudge Cupcakes, I didn’t really need to do a quick dash for grocery, I had all that was require. Great~

The recipe called for frosting but I wanted to use up the box of After Eight Mints sitting in the fridge. When topped onto the cupcakes fresh from the oven, it just melted decadently.

To be honest, I love cakey brownies instead of the fudgy chunky version. In comparison, this recipe made the fudgy chunky cupcakes… *which my sis readily helps herself to more*

How do you identify from the recipe whether it is fluffy and cakey or moist and fudgy? I really need that baking class that I signed up for (it got postponed due to lack of participants! Yikes.)


Ingredients

3/4 cup unsalted butter
170g semisweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup sugar
4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn cream of tartar


How to

Heat oven to 170C. Grease line muffin pan with baking cups. Place butter and chocolate in metal bowl; place over medium saucepan of simmering water. Let stand until melted; stir until smooth and cool to room temperature. Whisk in sugar and egg yolks. Stir in flour and baking powder.

In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar at medium-high speed till egg whites peak. Fold a quarter of the whites into chocolate mixture. Gently fold in remaining whites until well mixed.

Fill muffin cups two-thirds full and bake for 25mins. When baked, cool on wire rack for 10 min. Remove from pan and cool completely.


Hmm, miss the brownies I made for Christmas~


Warm love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...