23.1.09

Pooch Smooches



While my hair was getting a good salon blow dry, I was flipping through old magazines stashed in front of me and these two recipes popped out of a page. No pen and paper, I whipped out my phone, changed the settings to document imaging and there I have recipes to bake for my dog! *get yourself a cybershot phone, no less*

In case you are thinking how owners are treating their pampered dogs like humans nowadays, Chester IS my baby.





So it’s Chester’s 3rd birthday on 23rd Jan, how time flies~ coincidentally, I brought him home 21st March – 123, 321! This is something special for him for his doggy day.

Few things canines should avoid such as grapes, chocolates, onions, nuts, yeast dough etc. Therefore, recipes for dog treats are modified to their diet. I omitted charcoal because I had no time to hunt around for them but to freshen up musky dog breath, this cookie contains mint and parsley flakes
(not that Chester needs it. Hah!)



Chester loves it and he came back for more!

The batter is dry; cookies had to be hand pressed into shape then placed onto the baking tray. Had no more eggs to throw in so extra milk was added in as the recipe amount was definitely not enough to make the batter wet enough to become dough.


Ingredients:

500g rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
15g activated charcoal
3 tbsp canola oil
1 egg
15g dried mint flakes
15g dried parsley flakes
180ml low fat milk (or lactose free milk for dogs)
Oatmeal for sprinkling (optional)


How to:

Preheat oven to 200C.

Combine all dry ingredients together and add in oil, egg and milk. Mix well to form dry batter.

Hand-press batter into teaspoon sized shape and place on greased baking tray and bake for 15mins.


See ya all next week after the Chinese festivities!


Warm love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...