6.1.09

Bak Kut Teh


This is also known as Pork Bone Tea. Some direct translation on shop fronts in Singapore -_-" Ok, I am kidding, this would probably be called Herbal Pork Ribs Soup in plain English.
When I first tasted Bak Kut Teh in Singapore, I almost choked wondering if they got the wrong order of Pork Stomach Soup instead! Although I have been here for many years, I never knew the version here is pepperish. Till now, it is still not to my tastebuds; I have grown up with Malaysian version and still prefer the individual bowl version as opposed to the claypot.

Kel and I have to get a fix of this regularly. It doesn’t always happen we get a chance to have our fave in JB so I buy the soup sachet and we DIY. There are so many types and brands available in supermarkets but personally, Claypot is my preferred ‘instant’ Bak Kut Teh brand and I bought ‘Kau’ (means thick flavour). I think they make the most similar compared to the real thing.

Easy busy. Together with pork and garlic, I pop in some beancurd puff, button mushrooms and prepared you tiao on the side to dunk in. Just follow cooking instructions on packaging and voila~ And must devour Bak Kut Teh with cut chilli and dark thick soya sauce.

For my dear friends abroad, I am sure this is available in grocery stores too. Quick fix for a serious craving!


Warm love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...