26.2.09

Chicken Stroganoff with Linguine




Be it chicken or beef stroganoff, this is one dish which is creamy yet somehow, I like it! *white creamy dishes such as carbonara scares me* Until I cook it myself I realize it has sour cream which is something I would preferentially avoid.

This is not a widely available dish in Singapore, I don’t remember having it here at all. If you can’t find it, cook it!

So I made it and it's easy! Another one dish meal recipe, this is definitely comfort food and doesn’t take much effort to prepare.


Ingredients

1 packet linguine
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, bite-sized pieces
2 tsps olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 broccoli, chopped at stems
2 tbsp dry sherry
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tspn Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
fresh button mushrooms, sliced
Black pepper to taste
Splash of mixed dried herbs


How to

Prepare pasta according to package and steam broccoli. Drain pasta and broccoli and divide among four plates and set aside.

Heat oil in pot. Add onions, garlic and mushrooms and stir well.
Add chicken and turn heat to medium-high. Stir constantly until chicken is no longer pink. Add sherry, cook for 1 minute.

Add soup, reduce heat to medium-low and stir to combine. Add Worcestershire sauce and sour cream and stir until combined. Season with black pepper and mixed dried herbs.

Top each plate of pasta with chicken sauce and decorate with broccoli and serve.

This would be my first entry for Presto Pasta Night! *exciting* Visit our host this week Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine for roundups and many more delicious creations~

Warm love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...