20.10.11

Lemon Butter Cake

It was 2 years ago when I made Lemon cake and it unceremoniously cracked. Well, i blame it on the oven as I used a standalone convection oven and the air circulation is definitely not good. Now I have the privilege of owning a built in Ariston :)

This time, I wanted to make another citrus cake from a new recipe and hope it works. When browsing my favourite food blogs, I came across Nasi Lemak Lover's blog on Lemon Cake that had raving comments so I decided to bake this. I was so confident of the recipe only by reading it, I double the ingredients to make 2!

The topping for this recipe is different from the one I baked last time. This is not a icing topping, it is a glaze. Honestly, I love the lemon glaze, it gives the cake an extra zing. This recipe is a sure keeper! Thanks to Nasi Lemak Lover~



Ingredients

Makes 1 loaf tin

125g butter
100g sugar
1 lemon, finely grate the rind
2 large eggs
175g self-raising flour
4 tbsp milk

Lemon glaze

3 tbsp sugar
1 lemon, extract juice
1 lemon, finely grate the rind

How to

Beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs one by one, then add in lemon rind, mixing well.

Fold in the flour and milk, combine well. Pour the mixture into a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 40mins.

Mix sugar and lemon juice and cook over low heat till sugar dissolved, add in lemon rind, set aside.

When cake done, remove cake from the oven and prick all over with a skewer. Pour over the lemon glaze over the hot cake.

Leave cake to set overnight to have better flavour.


Warm love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...