8.11.11

Twelve Cupcakes - Celebrity Goodness

When a new cupcake store opens in town, I'm happy. When Jaime Teo sets up a cupcake shop, just have to check it out.

I've been a reader of Jaime's blog for some time, once in a while I will pop by her page and she shares about her bakes so I know she is a keen baker and I'd love to try her food someday.

Twelve Cupcakes first started at United Square with much hype, only just months later they have another shop at Millenia Mall.


Not sure if the cupcakes will be to our taste, I only bought 3 flavours to start with - Rum & Raisins, Red Velvet and Double Chocolate.


Rum & Raisins turned out soft and packs a punch of liquer, Red Velvet was sweet with a tinge of salty and the cream cheese topping was fluffy yet not too cheesy (perfect for someone like me who can't take cheese!), Double Chocolate did what it is supposed to do, very satisfyingly choc.

Overall, we loved the cupcakes, definitely just nice in terms of sweetness and the texture are soft. The frosting is not oily too. The only gripe is the size of the cupcakes are a teeny bit smaller than usual and they cost $3, Rum & Raisins being a specialty flavour is 50 cents more.

But then, because I like the taste as it suits my tastebuds, I don't mind going back for more.


Warm love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...