1.8.11

Sweet Potato Soup

Mommy used to cook homemade sweet soup once in a while, now that I live apart from Mom, I miss it and cook it myself.

Over the weekend, I decided to make Sweet Potato Soup as it is so easy and quick to cook and the versions sold outside at food places are often too sweet for my liking.


Ingredients:
Japanese Sweet Potatoes
Orange Sweet Potatoes
Pandan Leaves (tie into a bunch)
Cane Sugar
Water, about 1.8 to 2 litres


How to:

Put water and pandan leaves in a pot and bring it to a boil. While water is cooking, skin and chop sweet potatoes into large squares.

Once water is boiling, put in the chopped potatoes and cook on medium heat for another 20 mins or till potatoes are soft.

Switch off the fire, add in cane sugar to taste and serve either warm or chilled.

Note: Some prefer their sweet potato soup with a tinge of ginger, if so you may add a few slices of old ginger when boiling the water and pandan leaves. I find it heaty so ginger was omitted.


Warm Love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...