12.8.11

Chocolate Bottom Banana Squares

This bake tastes sooo good, my poor photography skills make no justice to this cake. At least husband and sister says so it is good too so my opinion is not bias.

It's been a while since I've baked, it's uplifting when the cake turns out so soft and moist. My cake looks all crumbly because I'm bad at cutting it up, pardon me as all I wanted to do was to finish the cutting and move on to the eating!

I will definitely bake somemore when I have a slight excuse to~

Recipe from Wen's Delight who adapted this from Hearty Bakes

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup banana, mashed
1 1/2 cup cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

How to:
Preheat oven at 175C, line the base of a 8 inch square tin. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

Drizzle in the eggs, follow by vanilla and mashed bananas. Beat thoroughly till well corporated.

Sieve cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the butter mixture. Mix well with a spatula.

Divide the batter into half. Add cocoa powder and milk into 1 portion. Spread the chocolate portion evenly into the tin. Spread the remaining plain batter evenly on top of the chocolate batter, swirl gently with a knife. Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnut on top.

Bake for 25-30mins. Cool and cut into squares to serve.
 
 
Warm love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...