20.5.10

Dainty Szechuan Food

What does the name of the restaurant make you think of? I imagined this place to be small, cramped, smelly yet serve good Szechuan fare. Turns out Dainty serves good and real spicy Szechuan dishes in a clean spacious environment. We, however, did not escape the smell of deep frying and hot pot brewing all around us but who cares?

Diana warned me it will be spicy and I thought I’d manage. I told her I won’t eat the dried chillies and avoid gravy but I tell you my tongue was still burnt with spice.

Take for example the harmless looking dish of fried chicken, don’t underestimate this at all. The seasoning is virtually invisible yet the bite sized chicken wings are addictive. Bring on the icy cold water!


Besides the food, we had a good time catching up. Some of us have not met since 7 years ago or more. How time flies~ So glad to see them again and happy to know everyone is getting on really well.

My favourite dish here at Dainty? Sweet Chilli Sauce Eggplant takes the prize away hands down.

Crunchy-sticky on the outside, soft inside.

Location: 26 Corrs Lane, Melbourne


Warm love,
Starningblue

1 comment:

Maria♥ said...

Hi Deery Lou

Unfortunately I have some sad news about Rosie from Baking Cakes Galore and Sweet & Simple Bakes, Rosie passed away yesterday. I have written up a tribute to her on my blog and I am asking everyone who knew her if they would please take some time to leave a comment. I will be printing off all the comments to pass onto her husband.

Thanks
Maria
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...