24.2.10

Year of the Tiger, Let's Eat!



I’ve been really good this year! I can easily count the number of pineapple tarts that I chowed down, but didn’t have much of my favourite “white, powdery cookie” (this is how I name Kueh Bangkit since young) because it is no longer baked by my old neighbour auntie.

Unfortunately, 4 out of 5 of us in the family was unwell to varying sickness throughout the holidays. Mum was down with fever on day 1 and I cooked porridge dinner for the family – this is the first time :)


So the most memorable part of Chinese New Year was on the continuous losing end to my sister in Mahjong and reunion dinner at Grandma’s. As life progresses on, I find that I cherish such family get-togethers more, recognizing the fact that with every passing year the group gets smaller and more relatives choose to opt out of celebrating the season together.

All that said; now let’s allow the pictures speak for its own.

Traditional sweets

Wok-Cooked Pumpkin

Hakka 炸肉 ("Fried Pork"), pronounced as zha nyuk in Hakka

Hakka 酿豆腐 (Braised Stuffed beancurd)


Sweet Soup of Beancurd skin with Barley

Doing the Lou Hei


盆菜

How was your Chinese New Year holiday? Hope it was blessed with lots of good food.


Warm love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...