14.2.10

In the Land of Blue Skies

8mths ago I had an opportunity to make a trip to the Land of Blue Skies, Mongolia, for some volunteering build work. I say opportunity because this trip was only made possible by many kind sponsors (Moi sweet Starningblue was one of them) and also getting through the selection process. I’m a little late in sharing this but here are some of the food I had during that short 2 weeks.

A typical meal in Mongolia will be the dumplings. These dumplings are stuffed with minced mutton and can be eaten in soup with veggies or fried like the Khuushuur below. It will be a pity if you give this a missed cos of its gamey taste.

Pack lunch we had on our normal working days there. Stir fried noodles & omelette rice with beef/mutton…don’t worry if you are not a meat eater… there is always plain omelette with salads, rice & potato.

Stir fry beef with black fungus & eggs. Too salty and oily for my liking.

Some kind of porriage we had for one of our breakfast. Taste rather blunt though = I didn’t really enjoy.

I doubt this is an authentic Mongolia cuisine but these pancakes are so good that we had it everyday, more than one helpings!

The clotted layer on top of heated milk that has been left over several hours. Its tasteless and preferably eaten with some sugar.

Mongolian cakes prepared for their Nadaam Festival.

When it comes to drink, if you aren’t drinking bottled water you’ll be having….

Salted milk tea. If you want to know what it taste like, add more milk and some salt in your tea.

Horse Milk… I can only take ‘Polite’ sips everytime I’m being offered some.

The bottle says it all. You have to try their Vodka!!!

If the food doesn’t impress you enough, the landscape will coz I really fell so deeply in love with this country.

1 comment:

Starningblue said...

Happy belated Valentine's Day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...