4.9.10

Happy Brownie Birthday!

I love the expressions on his face when  surprise friends showed for the surprise birthday party. Kel probably had an inkling something was up when Ginny and Patrick burst the bubble a little but he had no idea the extent of the plan until more people showed up!

It wasn't a big party actually but it was blissful and one full of laughter and sharing. I'm glad we pulled this off, thanks to all who helped me run some errands and were involved in the details of this little party.

We had do-it-yourself popiah and kueh pie tee from Kway Guan Huat, apparently LKY has his runner to buy some for him regularly. Not sure how true is that but the popiah turned out very good, the chilli paste packs a punch! The kuey pie tee requires similar ingredients but the freshly made shells were crispy and fragrant which really makes the dish taste good. However, the popiah party pack did not come with hard boiled eggs, coriander and lettuce and I should have prepared them myself but everything else was perfect.

         

Kel's wish (since too long ago) was to have me bake 'gooey' brownies for him. I took this opportunity to make him a brownie birthday cake for him and it was fantastic! I love Nigella's recipe, it is easy to follow and no fuss at all. After the brownies have cooled, stack them and stick candles on the tower -Viola!


This time, I invested in some quality vanilla essence and I must tell you it does make a difference. It is worth the money!

Happy Birthday Kel!

Warm love,
Starningblue

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...